Thread: Team Fortress 2
View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 24th, 2008, 03:10 AM        Team Fortress 2
So, so like, I got the Orange Box about a month ago, right? And it wouldn't run on my computer past Episode 1 and the original HL2, which made me need to go and get a real computer so I could play TF2, which is pretty much the only thing I bought it for.

Anyway, TF2 takes around 4 hours to update fully, probably more now that all that Pyro tomfoolery has been released, so I wasn't going to download all that tonight and just decided to play a nice few levels of Portal to appreciate my new PC and how it is better than the other one.

My specs are as follows!
2.53 GHz Dualcore (this is a bit of a downgrade, my last CPU was 2.8 GHz; it wasn't a dual processor though, I would assume that makes up for it a little bit.)
2 Gigabytes of ram
Some graphics card that is really good. It can run STALKER on high settings, that's pretty much all I know about it.
Lots of other shit

So I install Portal, TF2, and HL2 Episode 2, and update Portal appropriately, takes about 30 minutes. I play it, and it gets about as far as the Valve logo with the fat guy and the valve in the back of his head before it reboots my PC. No warning, no error message, just an unexpected reboot. It got to at least the loading screen on my last computer before telling me that I sucked too much at having RAM and pixel shaders to play it.

What.

I haven't tried Episode 2 yet, but I'll do that and get back to you on the results. If it's just Portal doing this, fine, I can live without it.

No, it is not just Portal, Episode 2 also does this.

Son of a BITCH.