Thread: Team Fortress 2
View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 07:45 AM       
I learned to hate pyros early in Kingpin, where they could kill you near-instantly if they kept a stream on you, or eventually if they touch you once, but also it was impossible to see them behind the wall of flame, and any rockets you shot at them would get immolated by the flame and blow up in your face.

In TF2, I really think that scouts should be the major anti-pyro class, but as-is they can't get close enough to them to have the scatter gun work effectively, and the scout's pistol might as well not be in the game.

What the game really needs is the abilty to stop-drop-and-roll if you're on fire - it'd leave you way open to others shooting at you, but it seems like every time I die from a pyro it's 10 seconds after I've killed them and I'm alone anyway and booking for the nearest health kit. And not many of the official stages have a real body of water to jump into to stop the flames.

I only ever switch to pyro if people are camping our spawn.