View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 11th, 2008, 06:48 PM       
Because Silent Hill gives me a retardedly limited amount of ammo and health kits that I need a fucking spreadsheet to manage properly. If you take a meathook in the face from Dr. Salvador a few times, whoops, there go your medkits for the second half of the game, better not fight any more monsters. Resident Evil doesn't do this, there is ammo and health fucking everywhere.

I had to restart 3 at the Mall when I got to the gigantic worm boss and could only beat him in the mouth with a rusty pipe because I'd been shooting monsters, allowing him ample opportunity to chew on my pasty ass. I'm also having to replay the game from the beginning because I never could beat the final boss with no health kits left from tooling around in the church, and only one or two shotgun shells. The other bullshit part is how the God's attacks will hit you no matter what, so instead of working out a strategy you just have to shoot the hell out of it while patching yourself up if it hurts you too badly, in a textbook case of what I like to call "Diablo Syndrome."

The game is made way, way less scary by forcing you to run past everything so you have bullets and health left for boss battles. Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for wanting to shoot the hulking meat monster trying to knock my head off. I'm certainly not going to try and melee anything, especially those big guys who buy their boots in the sixties, lest I want a gigantic club of flesh beating me upside the head and proceeding to shove huge bits of bone into me.

That also scared the shit out of me the first time it happened :<