View Single Post
Bahmo is probably a spambot
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 06:57 PM       
A runner up for most overrated franchise: Pokemon.

I love it, make no mistake. I thought it was a great game the moment it came out, I got into the cards, and when some dickhead (maybe Tadao's real identity; he did look kinda chimp-like) at school ripped up a Pokemon card to show his contempt, I rescued the card and taped it back together. I still have the card; it's Omanyte. I still buy every new RPG game, I carry them around in my pocket, I take my Pokemon to contests to win them ribbons, and I masturbate to many of the female human characters.

Be that as it may, it's fucking overrated, because the franchise has been around a decade, yet for all the technological increases we've made, it's still basically the same old shit I played back on the original Gameboy. You're some average schmuck who lives in some shitty hick town, you procure a grass, fire, or water Pokemon from your professor friend, and you go on an adventure fighting terrorists and attempting to be master of the Pokemon League. It's the same plot every time and same gameplay every time. Would it kill them to have you be doing something with Pokemon other than going to challenge the elite four, or giving you a starter that wasn't Grass, Fire, or Water type? I don't think it would, and franchises need change to survive. I'm still being an idiot and buying every main RPG, but for how much longer, I don't know.