Thread: 2008 NFL Season
View Single Post
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 12:20 AM       
As a loyal and vocal Ravens fan, first I'd like to say, "WOOOOO!!!!!"

As a loyal and vocal football fan, I'd like to say, "Jesus Tittyfucking Christ! These officials are horrible."

The old cliche is that you'd rather be lucky than good, and the zebras missing the delay of game against Baltimore is luck. They were outplayed, outcoached, and were obviously tired, but the Ravens pulled it out. Bruising game, as advertised. I love watching Tennessee and B-more play. It's fun watching a sprinkling of football between penalties, injuries, and shoving matches.

And who are these mofos masquerading as the Arizona Cardinals? Moreso, why the hell did the braintrust on the Carolina sideline go into "panic mode" when they were only down 10 points? There is no reason why Williams and Stewart shouldn't have both went over 100 yards, of course other than the fact that the coaches kept calling pass and Delhomme interpreted that as "Throw into double coverage, good single coverage, triple coverage, or just away from the guy wearing black and teal."

Giants over Eagles, Steelers over Chargers. I would go out on a limb, but who knows anymore? Sure things and home teams haven't had the best success, so I'm going to say they're due and save myself the trouble of trying to break things down. All four teams are good, and both games should be fun.

I'll be p.o.'ed if they don't make NFL official a full-time job. I know that they're probably going to look at playoff seeding and overtime during the offseason, but the first thing that needs to be addressed is that officials are blatantly affecting the outcome of games. Tennessee got a phantom call in their first match against Baltimore, now vice versa. People might not be talking down about the Chargers if they get that call against Denver. So forth and so on... we all have our team, and I'd wager we've all seen them get hosed on an obvious call/non-call this season.

Some serious football being played out there, though. Big-time credit to Tennessee and Carolina for having great seasons. Their fans should not be disappointed.