View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 06:43 PM       
I stole my copy of the second sex

the trick of the second sex is to know when to read carefully and when to skip chapters :O Like the first chapter about biology is just bleh i don't need to know the history of biology and how reproduction works. Even if people do make arguments based on the superiority of men because of how the reproductive process works, I still find it boring to read the word gamete 50 times on the same page.
on the other hand the history of psychology is fucking awesome :O the way she explains freudian theories makes complete sense without making him look like a douche, and you can understand how existentialism was influenced by freud.
I mean when you think of the idea of being sexually attracted to your mother you just think he's a weirdo. But when you realize he's talking about finding yourself in others it makes more sense :O :O :O