Thread: E3
View Single Post
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 10:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
ELABORATE. I like the party function.
The new Halo looks pretty cool; kind of like Halo meets CoD4.
The virtual reality ps3 was pretty neat, but I bet it's going to be expensive as hell.
Also, the guys presenting it were hilarious to watch and listen to; they were so awkward and stuttery.
Splinter cell multiplayer as many multiplayer games are only playable if the opposing team is unable to communicate with teammmates after death. splinter cell took it one step further and if you as a spy were talking to your buddy and you were close enough to a merc he would be able to hear you(also before snapping his neck you could whisper sweet nothings into his ear). The entire game relies on not knowing where the spies are hiding or where the mercs are currently located. The party function has killed this very unique mult player experience. The 'party' function has also made 'ghosting' basically an official part of all xbox live games resulting in games like Gears of war 2 being alot lesss fun and splinter cell multiplayer being unplayable. Like if you want a party system you really need to not have death cams, you can't have both or theres no reason to even play since half the dead oppoents are now telling their living teammates exactly whats happening. I wll never understand the appeal of talking to friends who are playing a different game or in a different lobby. I understand its usefulness for popping in to tell your buddy to join your room but the negative effects its had on multiplayer is not worth it. I thought I'd be happy to not hear morons on xbox live but now when i play its eitehr dead silent(everyone is in a party) and its feels like your not even playing online or people use the party system to cheat and ghost.