View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubfest View Post
I drink bitter, mainly. Because I'm from Yorkshire and all.
I like to have a more manly drink then my male friends.
I started with St. Pauli woman beer, then graduated to the more "hoppy" ales such as Bass, then to Guinness. My dream was to actually go across the pond and drink local bitters straight from the tap. This I did, and eventually developed such an allergic reaction to anything remotely beer-y, that I would actually begin to suffocate at night - a kind of sleep apnea brought on by extreme swelling in my sinus cavities. I think.

Anyway, after getting the same reaction drinking Miller Lite (yes, I'm that much of a wuss now, it seems) I swore off beer entirely. To regain at least part of my manhood, I went off the deep end for whiskey (or whisky) - bourbon, rye, irish or scotch. Had some Jameson's tonight - very nice.
You may already be there.