Thread: Are Games Art?
View Single Post
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 06:30 PM       
Once again, APPLIED art. Not fine art, hence the pissing contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
Grislygus, you feel very strongly about this lol. It's weird to think of something like a Jackson Pollock as art for me, mainly because it looks mostly like a retarded 4 year old threw paint on a canvas. I think that anything that could be considered art should actually have some sort of meaning behind it (One that does not require heavy doses of narcotics to figure out).
Before I go into my next self-absorbed lecture, I would like to clarify my reasons; I have been forced into many, many, many conversations with highly educated, very stupid (and very young people) who think that Andy Warhol and Damien Hirst are the shit and that anyone who thinks differently is a tool. With that said, I'm sticking this next rant in a spoilers tag so that no one has to look at it if they don't want to.

Spoilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
Applied art? Fine art? You're making me look shit up Grislygus, I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Just thank God that you've never gotten drunk with me