View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 06:39 AM       
Oh I do feel like I´m getting better at the stuff I do this time. I´m a pure Mage so I can´t tell you how Melee and Ranged Combat fares this time around but in my "normal" boards I read that it´s pretty good in those departments though ranged seems to be a little clunky at times.

The enemies that scared me away 3 levels ago are now beatable cause I have so many more choices. I can work with damage-reflection, projectiles, shieldspells, summons, debuffs, buffs, I can blind them, I can raise their friends to do my bidding, I can lay heal-traps in advance behind me...Health regeneration is also really fucking fast out of combat like 10 seconds and I´m back to max.

The crafting is also more than "press two swords together and repeat it 100 times to get the best weapon in the game". You dismantle existing stuff to get ressources that you can improve your equipment with which also unlocks gem-slots for additional effects. You can then insert a finishing-gem that boosts all stats on that item but locks it at the same time so you can´t improve it any further.

Then there´s alchemy but that´s pretty straightforward. Pop some things in the pot and get a potion, easy stuff. Ingredients are everywhere, bonemarrow, plants, heads, tounges...

The best thing is the magic system as I said before because it´s so dang modular you can forge new spells in matters of seconds via the component-cards you have.

All in all I´m really suprised in a positive way about this game. I kinda expected another Risen or Gothic 4 and it´s way better than those in any department but story maybe. It also seems to be a direct sequel to the first game and you play the same guy I think.