Thread: Science!
View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 07:45 PM       
I've always figured something like that. I buy the George Carlin bit about humanity being so vain as to believe it can have an effect on the planet. Everything is cyclical, but we don't live long enough to get the perspective. There was an ice age a while ago - chances are there will be again. And after it's done, it'll get warmer, no? Our Sun's getting older, too, little by little. I seem to remember it's got just a few hundred-thousand years left, and it's gonna continue to flare up larger and larger until the Earth gets consumed by the heat. The corona's a bitch.

It's easier for people to buy that they can have a handle on things if they want to, but there's a lot of money in fucking green bullshit. It's all marketing and you can't stop it with the logical, Milhouse.