View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2011, 03:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
Only problem with that is it depends on your friends having the game, too; none of my friends are ever online, or really buy many new games.
I'd put the objectives, kill-log, and messages at least on a separate page, like most games. I also constantly see icons popping up everywhere, which bugs me.
Ok that is a problem but they went through all that stuff to make the game enjoyable with strangers too...I´ll find out how well they did once more people have the game I guess.

The kill-log is pretty useless, on that I agree but the objectives and Icons are highly useful because they constantly keep you up to date on what has to be done. The objectives thing in the upper right shows you how far a repair or hackjob is and the time limit itself is pretty useful to know too because you only have a few minutes to fulfil a primary objective (which adds time again). The constant popups are important because they help your class do its job. You see the ammo-count of people when you´re a Soldier for example so you can tell when they run out. If they do, the game assigns you a little task to refill your comrades and if you do, you get bonus-xp.

A quick word about the progression-system. It´s quite different from what most games do. XP is only for levels and levels only unlock new Outfits (which serve no purpose other than looking nice on you), the two other body-types, both of which are unlocked very early on and skill points of which you get 20 total in your whole carreer.

Weapons and all weapon-attachments are gained exclusively through Challenges which are pretty easy and short Singleplayer-Levels. This is strange but good at the same time since weapons are mostly the same anyway and this way you can unlock every gun before even playing the campaign or any online match.

The hard thing is deciding which perks to get. I personally am more a Medic and Engineer type of player so it´s pretty simple for me but all classes have extremely useful skills for the team. Even the Operative can help out if there´s nothing else to do for him by spotting mines, hacking turrets and firewalling Supplypoints.

The things you say about Rage make me once again realize that I have no eye for details. It really gives me nothing if that city is realistic, I´m all for gameplay normally. The only optical style I really love is pixel-art Do Rage like that and you got my interest.

I totally agree on the Sniper Rifle though, I know why they do that thing with the Zero-Accuracy from the hip but it makes no sense at all thematically...