View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:03 AM       
I'd see an acid blinding sentence to be a deterrent for, say, a theft crime, or something akin to that. I don't think a potential murderer or acid blinder would be doing much rational thought before their crime, since even a life term in prison should be enough to turn your average sensible person away from such things. I guess there are going to be exceptions, obviously.

Anyway, this guy still did his crime, even with the punishment being known to him. It's not like Iranians are at all surprised when this stuff happens; it's third page news stuff. If it stops ONE person from doing it, then I guess it is successful in that regard, but I think the alternative might work better - we might not ever find out though.

As for my sense of justice, well, it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I generally would like people to aim for a large serving of what's best for society, a side of decency and progressive morals, a splash of deterrent, and a dash of revenge.

The world's not perfect, but we should at least aim in the general direction, I think.