View Single Post
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 01:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I find people who want to dislike something just to be 'different' to be hilarious. I also find them to be somewhat cowardly and hypocritical. If you want to be different, go all the freaking way. Don't just hate things everyone loves, declare you love things everyone hates. Join the neo nazis, watch Sandra Prill videos, buy a copy of Ishtar, get the game ET for Atari 2600 and play it nonstop. Of course none of them do, so in the end their opinions are laughable, empty, and meaningless because half measures get you nowhere.
meeeeeh, as much as I hate arguing points that back up GW, I hate it when people bring up the "you're just trying to be different" crap. Caught shit like that all the time when I had the audacity to vocally hate History of Violence when it came out, and especially when I hated on Brokeback Mountain's award sweep for cock blocking Good Night and Good Luck

Hell, people still give me a hard time about hating History of Violence. If I'm a David Cronenberg fan, and you don't even know who the hell he is, I think I can reserve the right to disrespect A Mediocre History of Overhyped Violence