View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 12:29 PM       
Quote:
I think I would credit (at least the origin of) formal logic and biological classification more so to Aristotle.
I'm listening.

Quote:
Cosmic dust began to swirl....
Quote:
This mass circled the sun, gaining sunlight...
What the heck? Immortal Goat, your view is pretty much a creationist story in itself.

Kahljorn: These laws of Dialectics sound more complicated than they actually are, but I will still have problems expressing them.

QUANTITY INTO QUALITY: This law states that the processes of change are not gradual, they are not even. Periods of relatively gradual or slight change mingle with periods of enormously rapid change - change which cannot be measured in terms of quantity but only in terms of quality.

Take for example a kettle of water. You can measure ("quantify") the water in terms of temperature, water from a tap is about ten degrees - and the change takes place as you heat the water, the water gets warmer - 10 to 20 to 30 degrees etc.

At some stage the measuring of the water from quantity, shifts to quality - the water turns into steam. As the water turns to steam, we you can no longer measure the water in terms of quantity (degrees) but you measure it in terms of quality (steam - not water).

A mate of mine gave me this 'example': As a lions penis becomes more erect, you measure it in terms of centimetres (this is quantity), if it gets bigger and bigger, it explodes, and you no longer measure it in centimetres, you measure it in terms of being exploded (quality).

Next is NEGATION OF THE NEGATION: this simply means the passing away of one thing is transformed into another.

Take for example, ahem, society. the law of the negation of the negation simply states that as one system comes into existence, it forces another system to pass away (like Feudalism was negated to Capitalism which will be negated to Communism) . But that doesn't mean that the second system is permanent or unchangeable. That second system itself becomes negated as a result of the further developments and processes of change in society.

Death, as well is an example. When you die you are negated by a corpse, which is negated by a skeleton which in turn is negated by a pile of dust and so on.

INTERPENETRATION OF OPPOSITE: This law states that processes of change take place because of contradictions - because of the conflicts between the different elements that are embodied in all natural and social processes.

The 'quantum theory' is an example of Interpenetration of Opposite. Quanyum theory is based on the concept of energy having a dual character - that for some purposes, according to some experiments, energy exists in the form of waves, like electromagnetic energy. But for other purposes energy manifests itself as particles. In other words, it is quite accepted among scientists that matter and energy can actually exist in two different forms at one and the same time - on the one hand as a kind of intangible wave, on the other hand as a particle with a definite 'quantum' (amount) of energy embodied in it.

Therefore the basis of the quantum theory in modern physics is contradiction.

There are many other contradictions known to science. Electromagnetic energy is set in motion through the effect of positive and negative forces on each other. Magnetism depends on the existence of a north pole and a south pole. These things cannot exist separately. They exist and operate precisely because of the contradictory forces being embodied in one and the same system.

Every society today consists of different contradictory elements joined together in one system, which makes it impossible for any society, any country, to remain stable or unchanged.