View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 12:17 PM       
To get around low obstacles, you fire the arm diagonally into the ceiling and swing past. You don't even need to clear the obstacle vertically.

And while I admit I would like to have seen some way for you to drop down a platform by just attaching the arm and lowering yourself, I think it still works. In the original, pulling off a move like that would've been pure hell thanks to you dropping like a stone every time you walked off an edge, but in adding loft to your falling, they've allowed you to pull off moves like that, as well as even more complex swinging and jumping.

Incidentally, if you'd like to see a good game that has both arm-swinging and jumping, you should check out Ninja Five-0 for the GBA.

Also, they released a new GnG game for the PSP a few years back. I let our own Mockery try it, and I believe he found it to be even more brutal than the original (though still an excellent game).