Thread: Terri Schiavo
View Single Post
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 01:17 AM       
Oh look what I got here, fellow rubberneckers, it's Dr. Jay Wolfson's (Terri's guardian ad litem in 2003) report for Gov. Bush. It's a pdf so I can't cut and paste, but if you wanna read it - CLICK and enjoy you sick fucks.

Looks like Hypothesis IV won out.

One thing tho, Kev, you said yourself there's a lot of hearsay in this case, so do you mind if I ask for your source for the statment that her husband has blocked attempts at MRIs and PETs?

The report above says extensive testing, but it doesn't list what tests were performed.

Also, this link is a good explanation of CTs, MRIs, and PETs for anyone outside of the medical field (or who hasn't had a molecular biology or physical chemistry course in the last 5 years - THANKS INTERNET!).

from a libertarian blog on the issue:
Quote:
Since someone has to make decisions on behalf of non-competent adults, should that person be a family member or the state?

If it is a family member, how much oversight should the state have, and through what bodies? If the courts are the right body, what exactly has been wrong with their oversight in this case? If not the courts, then who?

Does anyone think the US Congress should get in the business of indefinitely ordering the continuation of care in contravention of the legal decisionmaker and state law, as it has done in this case?
One last remark, regarding the cruel termination of this woman: in Florida, doctor assisted suicide is illegal, so they can't put her down any more humanely than this without changing THAT law, but Congress isn't about to make an emergency session to violate states rights for no Kevorkian law!