View Single Post
Fookin' up planets!
Captain PirateFace is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 04:39 AM       
When I first heard that Heath Ledger was going to be the Joker I groaned...
"Oh No... Not that dude from "10 things I hate about you" and that horrible gay cowboy movie (I have nothing against gay men or cowboy's or gay cowboys for that matter I just thought that movie was boring as shit). But still felt really bad when the news broke that Heath Ledger had died. I remember the day it happened I was watching the news break in a Las Vegas Police Station as I was filing a battery report on my crazy neighbor who got drunk, pissed her pants and assaulted my wife and I (long story). But still, I highly anticipated the new Batman film as Bale and Oldman are truly (along with Steve Martin... I know, I know make fun ya assholes... but remember Martin before his lame ass kid flicks was pure comic genius) my all time favorite actors. And after seeing the trailer with Ledger as the Joker I was sold. I have seen the film 5 times with varying family and friends and never does this film become tired and old. What an amazing film. I was so truly wrong about Ledger and I kept thinking that this was the second time an actor who passed away kicked my ass with their performance, Brandon Lee as the Crow the first time, also a beautiful performance in a comic book related film (and I also had no hope for Lee's performance either and I was wrong then too). I loved the film and it is a tragedy that Ledger is gone after showing his chops as an amazing actor in a difficult role to capture. That's my 2 cents.

R.I.P. Amigo