Thread: Atheism.
View Single Post
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 12:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by womti
after reading some jules feffer, I decided it was only necessary to post this:

"todays book is a rather bulky but promising first attempt by author or authors unknown. its called the bible. it is written in a narrative rather than introspective style which may perhaps make for quicker reading, but leaves something to be desired on the level of character motivation. it purports to be a theological and historical document, and while this reviewer does not question its sincerity, he can only regret the publishers failure to include a bibliography. but these are minor criticisms.

one cannot deny the power and sweeping range of the subject matter(one might even call it epic-). the subtle allegorical nuances touched, at times, with what seems to be an almost metaphysical insight! it will undoubtedly cause controversy in the literary field. but the authors, while writing in a quasi-journalistic form show occasional flourishes of stylistic daring which makes one impatient to view their later efforts.

I shall await their second book with great interest."- Jules Feiffer.
Womti, I realize you're not the smartest person on this boards. You're a little slow. An "imbecile" or "clod," if you will.

Despite that, how the fuck can you read that and not be pissed off at the sheer pretension dripping from that thing? You can't chide Christians for acting pretentious toward you and then turn around and do the same thing to them and call it self-defense. The more you post in this thread, the more obvious it is that you don't have the spiritual, intellectual or logical capacity to defend your choices on matters of faith, and the only reason you seem to be an atheist is because you have some kind of grudge with your conception of God.