Thread: 21 minute song
View Single Post
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 02:58 PM       
Sorry Helm, i was feeling particularly lazy about it. Didn't mean to be rude, ya'll

It's not bad at all. I'm, actually having trouble comparing it to anything, which is quite obviously a compliment. I think i catch some Maudlin influence. I really did like it, though, i'm interested in hearing more. There's nothing i can appreciate more in music than an atmosphere, something you didn't seem to have much trouble putting together here. Some bands do ambience and it's the most boring fucking thing on earth, but since there's so much going on in your track here, it kept me listening the whole time. My Dying Bride and Anathema also seem to have the same kind of power over me. It reminds me of a post-apocalyptic Candlemass during the infrequent riffage. It doesn't sound like a movie soundtrack because there is too much presence in it. It sounds like there should be a movie made to it, instead of vice-versa.

Listening to this gave me a vision of a scorched earth, with howling, scratching wind blowing sand and ashes across the cracked land in the first few minutes. The first guitar verse seems to break the scene up and carry us off to a cavern or some kind of cave or something underground, from which we descend even deeper to a temple, which is closed off at first by another verse of guitar, this one lending a very ritual kind of image into my head. You know, shit that cults do. After the very brief soloing, the tune breaks up into something a little more energetic, it makes me think of futuristic warfare, Red Eyes and Ghost in the Shell kind of stuff. When the ringing and white noise begin, it's as if the battle is over, and we're transported to the inside of a dying soldier's mind, where his memories lapse over each other like a fine mesh of life, until he finally dies, and the song itself dies out.

But hey, i've got hella imagination. It may even give different impressions upon further listens. It makes me want to draw some of those scenes, too.