View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:18 AM       
The problem is concentrated in about six duplexes at this end of the street, where a redneck mentality prevails. In this instance, I found out later this evening that it was an immediate neighbor going through the garbage. I don't know if someone goes through everyone else's trash or not.

When we first moved in, the people across the street stole our newly delivered recycle bin, leaving them with three and us with none. And every time you bring anything recognizable to the curb, like an old torn-up couch or anything, you can see the blinds parting. As soon as it's dark (in most cases), someone comes out and drags it back to their house. I say "in most cases" because I've also seen it done in broad daylight.

I was very used to seeing this in downtown Chicago, but in suburban Ohio it's a little weird.