View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 02:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerothree View Post
That Grimrock game looks pretty rad. The combat system looks like it'd be fun to play with.
It is. Itīs very retro but in a very good way. Itīs also way easier than...letīs say Eye of the beholder since you can regenerate Health and Mana quite easily and your party doesnīt die that easily.

Nice little detail: You can craft Potions by combining a flask and a plant via mortar and pestle and if a character drinks it, the flask is not destroyed because...well, thatīs how it is in real life too and it adds a nice ressource management-element.

I just find the magic system kinda lacking, it appears too limited for my tastes, Iīd like to be able to experiment with different effect rather than just having 3, 4 predefined spells per element. Thereīs also no healing magic as far as I can tell but then again, so far, healing is not an issue.

Also, major Kudos for the dungeon- and puzzle-design, itīs really a lot of fun to figure some of these things out...though Iīm stuck on level 4 right now...no idea what to do :D