Thread: Health
View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 01:08 AM       
So over the past week or so, I have had the sinus infection from hell.

It started when my daughter got a runny nose and a scary-high fever. It looked like RSV to me and I couldn't get her temp below 102.7 even with kids' tylenol, and she wasn't being cooperative with fluids, so we took her in to the ER to get checked (shit always happens on a Friday or Saturday night when you can't get in to the doctor). They also thought she had RSV but it turned out to be a "cousin" of RSV. The physician assured me that this particular incarnation was highly contagious to kids but not to adults, as most adults had already had it. Yes. Right.

Of course, just as she's coming out of it, I'm starting to get the shitty fever feeling. So I had the high fever (the type where your hair hurts, your teeth hurt, the bedsheet hurts against your skin, and so on), the runny nose, the sore throat, all of that. For a day it kind of acted like bronchitis and then it decided that it could really nail me in the sinuses.

One side of my face puffed up like I had the mumps, the lymph nodes under my chin swelled, my right eye started tearing up randomly like I'd just had a stroke, and I felt like someone standing at the headboard of the bed had just taken a sledgehammer to my right eye socket. I was more or less in that condition for three days before I became functional again. My lymph nodes were so swollen that I have residual pain where they displaced tissue. Over the course of the past week, my fever's never gone under 99.

I'm kind of doing a balancing act with Tylenol, Motrin and Excedrin. I expect my liver to explode sooner or later. I'm also drinking copious amounts of Robitussin.

Fuck viruses.