View Single Post
Shining Beacon of Virtue
Coryjonc is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 11:21 PM       
You're kidding, right? Four pickles? That's four pickles too many.

I've been a pretty hardcore Hellboy fan for like five-six years. I'd even go a far as saying that I've never enjoyed a comic series as much as I've enjoyed Hellboy.

That being said, when I heard they were coming out with a Hellboy 2 I was slightly skeptical. After seeing the trailer and learning that Magnola (Or however you spell the creator's name) wrote the story himself, I got pretty hyped.

I went into the theater with high expectations, only to be disappointed within the first couple minutes. Hellboy, as a cute little child, watching cartoons? That's odd... So, after only a couple minutes I realized they completely and utterly dropped the dark style of the comics. Well, fine. I can live with that.

Then, they made Liz Sherman sort of whiny. They turned Abe into C3P0. They pretty much screwed up the characters big time. But, you know what? I can live with that. I'm not one to get my panties in a knot when movies break away from the source material... I just watch it, and appreciate it for what it is.

That being said, I still hated it. It was corny. It was a corny love story mixed in with alittle "They'll never understand you because you're different!" There were a number of very stupid scenes. I hated it, every minute of it. I left feeling very unsatisfied. When I told my company that I wasn't crazy about the movie, they all got personally offended, like they were the freaking producers or something...

OK so yes it was very visually appealing, but that doesn't save poor writing. I could forgive them butchering the source Material, but I couldn't appreciate it as it's own thing, because it was just bad.