Thread: Tamiflu warning
View Single Post
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 12:14 PM       
Rez, kahl isn't talking about any specific general practitioner, nor is the problem limited to general practitioners alone. It's actually pretty damn common amongst the medical community to just throw medication at problems. I could probably walk into a physician's office and list off a few symptoms of ADD and walk out with a scrip for amphetamine salts. One of my ex-girlfriends went through three different pills (at the insistance of her parents) while we were dating, each of which made her a varying degree of looney, and when she finally decided to stop taking them she *gasp* actually levelled out on her own. She also had an episode which landed her in an institution of sorts for a brief period of time, where they gave her a couple of brand-spaking-new pills even though they were a by-the-week facility.
They had this girl so incredibly convinced that something was wrong with her that she was taking pills that would then cause more problems for her, so they added a pill to treat those problems (incorrectly assuming that they were there in the first place and just hadn't surfaced yet) then switched to another pill that covered both of the old ones but made her completely apathetic to everything in her life (let's hear it for paxil!) and eventually it all just turned out that she was just a teenager who liked to whine and the pills are what kept it going for years.

I don't believe much in medicine these days.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women