View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 04:02 PM       
He was awesome as Rorschach, but I honestly don't think anybody else should play Freddy. Unlike the silent killers such as Jason Voorhees & Michael Myers, Freddy has real personality and you can't just have anybody play him. I hope Earle does a good job, but I don't envy anybody who has the task of filling Robert Englund's shoes. As much as I love Elm Street, that's a series I think they should let die once Englund is done with it. I hope they prove me wrong with the remake, but I'm certainly not counting on it.

Anyway, in regards to Jason holding a prisoner in the new movie, yeah that was pretty absurd. Here's the real question it brought up for me: if that necklace she was wearing confused him and really made him think she was his mother, there's no way in hell he would keep her chained up. He'd either let her go because he thought she was mom or he'd chop her to bits because he realized she was an impostor. Jason is definitely not the kind of guy who keeps somebody chained up because he wants some company.