Thread: Leprechaun
View Single Post
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 02:41 AM       
I'm amazed many of you HAVEN'T seen this film. There was a SNL Wayne's World segment at the time that did a sketch about how garth is afraid of the Leprechaun with wyane holding a flashlight under his face and doing his now shrek/ fat bastard voice repeating "da leprechaun" over and over. The bit was such a keystone that when it came time to promote the waynes world movie, they revised it for a few mtv specials.

Seriously, this is probably the most famous awful horror movie of it's day. Either you were too young or lived in a cave around the time of it's release to have missed it.

Warwick is, as the others have stated, the best part about these films. But isn't that the norm? I mean with the exception of part 1, weren't all of the kids in the freddy movies, completely uninteresting and unlikeable? Same with Jason, leatherface, ect? I think they do that on purpose so you actually don't mind when the villain returns for the sequel as he's the only saving grace of the film.

Also for those you haven't watched it (and apparently Rog) we need to point out that Ozzie is "special" / "differenlty abled" /ect (or whatever pc word the kids use for mental retardation these days). So while we can totally make fun of the others for all of their bonehead moves, we need to lay off the Ozz man as he doesn't know any better. With the exception of eating one of the coins of course. I mean what did he think it was chocolate? Even then, he eats chocolate coins without taking the wrapper off?

I would reccomend the Leprechaun in space one btw.... has two or three jokes regarding male "junk" including a hilarious segment involving the leprechaun and a enlarging ray. (And by hilarious I mean passably funny.)