View Single Post
Forum Virgin
Beaner85 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 05:06 PM       
I would have to argue with this review for a number of reasons; first of all, the joy one gets from emptying a MAC 10 into a well-rendered character is hard to beat. Second, the day-night cycle and the fire propagation are incredible, as are most of the visuals. Lastly, after playing through twice (don't judge me), I was still experimenting with weapon load outs. The tactic-shift between difficulties is also clutch; instead of driving into a camp, running down a few mercs, and pumping rounds into people in broad daylight just didn't work on harder difficulties. Instead, one is forced to use stealth and distractions. Overall, this game kicked ass, but I do agree with a few things pointed out; the needles (in Africa!?!) always had me scolding my character for being too trusting, the dialogue is pitiful (try turning off the subtitles and see how much you understand), and the turn-a-screw-to-fix-anything aspects really hurt it. Also, I was VERY disappointed with the camouflage; my character seemed to be detected just as easily as before. Oh, and the "scouting" option is nearly worthless; you can see much more from any scope weapon than you can from that silly hand-sight. My advice to those who own it and are bored with it; TURN UP THE DIFFICULTY!