View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 11:53 AM       
They made me take Spanish in high school because they said it was "unfair" for me to take French. So I took Spanish and Latin and Italian after school and it was all the same damn thing, same pattern, it's just Latin with different accents.

I tested out of Spanish in college and became "the one who can tell you what those people were saying because they assumed she didn't know". Or at least, that's what my mom believes I am. I understand it but I refuse to speak it myself because I think it's obnoxious when people do that in restaurants and stuff.

So I don't need Dora and her shit.

Fun fact- I was hired by my university to teach remedial French. Only one remedial French student ever actually showed up, and I ended up teaching the remedial Spanish people who came instead. Fantastic.

However, my high school spanish classes were an adventure and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Edit: Dora looks like a real go-getter there!