View Single Post
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 07:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Yea, I had to ask someone about that on GameFAQs cause there's no guide yet. Then a mod deleted it and warned me for illegal content. Now I remember why I hate that place...

And I dunno...if you read a lot of the reviews, they love the cinematic take, how cutscenes and gameplay work together. And I know a lot of people who played the game kinda hate it because it's Metroid (Samus' characterization is pretty weird. A big point of contention is the weird PSD episode she pulls when Ridley shows up. That and there are a lot of unMetroid features in the game. It's a really weird take on the formula. It's almost a whole other beast).

I think if it wasn't Metroid, most of the reviews (at least the ones that aren't really high. Wired fucking sucked this game's dick) would just see this as an interesting experiment. These same people more or less agree that, while it IS interesting, it's not successful, and that the next Metroid shouldn't be like this.

Ah well. I'm having fun going back after the second ending and getting all the items. Metroid needs more of that; just loading up a finished save, getting a second mission for fun, then loading it a third time to get everything.
Yeah, it was a cool concept. I beat the second ending as well, but I only got 41% lol. I forgot how this game and Metroid Fusion made me feel the same way. Maybe I just don't enjoy conversation and "GO HERE SAMUS! YOU HAVE NO OPTION FOR EXPLORATION!" in my Metroid.

I've been replaying MP1 and I love being able to collect items in pretty much any manner I want. I always glitch the game at the beginning to get the Space Jump Boots and then proceed to rush through from there. I still have no idea why some people hated the Prime games. All they did was take Super Metroid and put it as a First Person Adventure game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
@Doug: Yeah, that one, just on the PS2.
I really think that that was the best Silent Hill game (I liked the second game almost as much). I liked the puzzles and the exploration, even if the story was a bit ridiculous at times.