View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2010, 02:06 PM       
Prime 1 has a pretty slow pace to it, and scanning slowed it down even more. Plus, putting it in first person turned the super acrobatic walking natural disaster that was Samus and made her a tank on legs. Oh, and I hated the gamecube controls, espeically when the game threw in the fucking Chozo ghosts. I started it again in Prime Trilogy, but I can't play it for long sessions like the 2D games.

And give Fusion another shot. The story's better than Other M, and really just exists to explain WHY you're going to that room over there. Prime marks you map just like Fusion does, but doesn't really tell you why you're going there other than "hey this room has a high level of splorgenfaggerdorp minerals." Fusion just does that and adds purpose behind it, like "this species in this area is fucking up the power on the ship. You're not going to be able to use the elevator on the main deck until those assholes are taken care of" And the last act of that game is just fantastic and did Metroid justice.