View Single Post
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 01:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
All I want to know is how much is going to be taken out of my paycheck every week so some junkie can get his pain pills?
When you asked the question like this, you weren't exactly asking what the bottom line was, so much as you were subtly inferring that people who will be getting the health care are people you feel don't deserve it.

And there isn't really a difference, unless you are saying that you wouldn't use the public option. Your for-profit insurance provider has covered every medical condition you have, and will continue to do so?

That's good for you man, because an ever increasing majority of people in your country are not in the same boat. Or arc, I guess, is more appropriate.

If you've never gotten a letter in the mail saying that you are denied coverage because the insurance company feels that your condition was pre-existing, or that the treatment is considered to "experimental" and you will owe the hospital $50,000, then you are pretty lucky.

I never have either, but that's because I was blessed enough to have been born in Canada, and I would not think twice about the fraction of a penny that goes towards helping other Canadians get adequate health care.

To be honest, the fact that Americans are willing to hold other Americans financially responsible for something like getting sick honestly makes ME sick.