View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 16th, 2011, 05:17 PM       
there's nothing equal about being turned down for marriage and then throwing a bucket of acid on somebody. As such, you could argue the reason he's being punished this way is because his own idea of justice was inequal. Also i don't think it's very brutal. They are having a doctor oversee the acid dropping -- in just his eyes. That's like saying capital punishment by lethal injection is brutal, in comparison to a dude that rapes then stabs his victims 30 million times.

Furthermore you could take the Kantian approach to justice and say that, since he thinks justice is throwing acid on people's face, we should respect him and throw acid on his face as a part of justice. This respects his own concept of what justice is, and respects him as a human being. See quote below.
Quote:
It's not telling potential acid attackers that they should treat everyone humanely and be accepting of others views
We're telling him that we don't respect his view of throwing acid on people's face as a part of justice. If we threw acid on his face, we would be telling him, "You're unjust. We respect your view that throwing acid on people's face is a part of justice. Thus, we will throw acid on your face."

Quote:
Locking up murderers, rapists, violent attackers etc, it's the best thing to do I think. When you start (or keep) killing them and being violent back to them in kind, it just keeps violence circulating in society at a higher rate than otherwise.
Actually killing the murders rapists and violent attackers keeps violence from circulating in society. When those people are in prison they just kill each other and prison guards and whoever, and if they ever get out they do it again. And they will literally be circulating around in society if they get out. Plus it sends a message to people that if you rape and murder, we're going to treat you with respect and just put you into prison where you can live a full life and have a chance to get out.
besides: locking people up in prison keeps kidnapping and the taking away of rights and freedoms (and a lack of respect for people's decisions) circulating in society.

Quote:
Being blind is not as efficient at stopping this particular gent from doing the same attack again as a life term in prison would be.
True. I think they should lock him up too, and/or execute him.
But i think seeing a blind dude shamefully walk around town, ousted by society as a sadistic, pathetic fuck, might deter people more than just locking him up in prison where nobody will ever see him again.
I think he needs a stockade or whatever those things are called, too, that way he cant hurt people as easily, if he's just going to be blindly walking around town. Oh yea and he needs to be ousted from his family and society in general and have to live in the streets, so that he can't live a comfortable life and so he will be a public message.

anyway was gonna say something about women's rights in these countries but i dunno.