VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 10:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulhedface
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
The Bible is nothing more and nothing less than a book of mythology that teaches some very good morals. Simple as that. It is not a history textbook, and neither is it a work of fiction. I got the same messages from the ancient Greeks.
...even thought that "mythology book" has more historical facts backing it up then most books we use by Plato or any of the other Greek philosophers that we claim are 100% accurate and historic.
Wanna tell me where it's proven in historical text that bushes COULD sponateously combust? Where water was turned to wine by the touch? Where someone could WALK on water (and I'm not talking puddles)?

One thing I COULD believe is Revelations, or that John (I believe) had visions of Heaven and Hell...

...of course, if I were in the Arabic opium region and was rolling in more pre-illegal substances than thought possible, I might start seeing wacky shit too, then I'll write it down and let clueless fucks millenia from now interpret it as complete fact.

Here's hoping your descendants start worshipping "Skulhedfaceology."
I doubt my children and children's children would worship a no-name loser on an internet message board, so you might as well rewrite that wish.

Pern, if your "on the water" statement is accurate, then why did an apostle walk on the water but his faith lacked so he fell in? I don't think he tripped over a log. People tend to leave that out when they do their "on the water" argument.

--

Anyway, to Jean. I'd love to have a nice discussion about this subject but right now I don't have the time. Perhaps a bit later. But to just give a point I have about the intelligent design theory:

Nature and existance is like a huge mathmatical equation. Nature also does not treat mutations lightly. The complexity of mankind is so great that mathmatically it is illogical to think it happened by chance.

Imangine the situation that you do not know anything about religion or evolution. Someone delivers evolution upon you like someone could introduce Islam or Christanity. Wouldn't you think they were a bit off their rocker?