View Single Post

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 03:49 PM       
Since smoking causes cancer, it should be pretty fucking obvious second-hand smoke can cause it too. The body does not filter out all harmful elements and extort april fresh scent to the company around you. I don't believe you'll get cancer from second-hand smoke any sooner than you'll get it from drinking too much wine or eating too much pork, but there's little sense in denying it.

I've never smoked in my life and I haven't been bothered with smoke since I was a little kid. It's a nasty and stupid habit, but one that should be resolved by people amongst themselves. If you're hooked on the crap, have the decency to ask in a company if anyone objects to you smoking, go outside if it does. It's your choice, don't start whining. In my opinion, the law shouldn't come into play until a smoker insists on ignoring complaints.

And yeah yeah, we all know about the annoying fuckers who start coughing theatrically the moment someone lights up in their vincinity, complain till your head falls off, etcetera. They endure your smoke, you endure their whining.