View Single Post
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBubba
skulhedface: It is more than a slight inconvienience. Plus all of your examples except for the driving one were completely innapplicable because noone else is affacted by your actions when you eat or are exposed to the sun.
The eating and sun examples were intended to point out that you can catch cancer just as easily from these as you can from secondhand smoke (but I admit I was being conservative, it would do more harm if it was steadier, but the types that seem to want to ban smoking seem to be the types that care only for themselves)
All those examples did was take out the middleman (ie the guy smoking the cigarette)

Quote:
It SERIOUSLY fucks up people with asthma. It came close to KILLING me when I was 4 years old.
Which is why, since I am respectful of other people, I will move or put out my cigarette if told. I like annoying people, not seriously hurting them.

Quote:
The point is that others may not want to be surrounded in smokers gassy foul cloud of nastiness. A cloud which DOES do damage to certain individuals. That is a fact. I know this.
Again, this is why I would move or put out my smoke if asked nicely.

out of the little diatribe, I will honestly say that I do smoke, that I do so in public, but if asked, I will be polite enough to move or put it out. I have no problems with people I encounter in personal life. Where I DO have a problem is people forcing the law to regulate it. I am well aware that this is an extreme example, but this is to put it in perspective:

We all know Hell is bad, right? Well, people still want to act like they want, but they have their morals so they will behave themselves when told or when the situation is inappropriate (much like I will not be an asshole and light a smoke in a room full of kids or in a non-smoking section) But then, someone says "Well, Hell is REALLY bad, and I FEEL THAT I SHOULD WRITE TO CONGRESS TO PASS A LAW TO FORCE EVERYONE TO CONVERT TO CHRISTIANITY, BECAUSE HELL IS BAD FOR YOU AND I WOULD RATHER YOU CHANGE YOUR ENTIRE LIFESTYLE THAN FOR YOU TO BE AROUND AND DRAG ME TO HELL WITH YOU."

In other words, I know it's bad for some people, and others don't care, but if I were on the other side, I would just either ask politely for them to move/die it out, or move myself, instead of having my panties in a budge so to speak and try to pass laws to force my point of view down your throat. The beauty of this country (or at least above the fine print on the advertising) is that for the most part, we do have our freedoms, and we don't mind so much when someone wants to ask us nicely if we'd put aside those freedoms for a few moments rather than passing a law and totally ripping our freedoms off of us. We gave up a little freedom willingly after the 9/11 attacks, but would we have been as perceptive, scared as we were, if Dubya were to just say "OK, assholes, you can NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!!"

Does this make any sense?