View Single Post
Bahmo is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2008, 03:08 PM       
Yeah, sorry, but George of the Jungle was fucking awesome, and really one of the boldest films Disney ever made. Sure, if they made something like that now, when everybody is sick of Fourth-Wall jokes and live-action adaptions of animated movies, it probably would get hated on, but at the time, it felt fresh and was one of the funniest movies I'd ever seen.

Sure, it was kiddy on the surface, but there's enough to laugh at even for adults, as well as jokes only they are able to even get. For example, the very intro of the film, which starts with a generic narrative "Deep in the heart of Africa," and shows a map of Africa with the middle labeled "heart," and other bits of it labeled things like "pancreas" and "kidneys." There are many more examples.

I just thought I'd ask, is Beverly Hills Chihuahua a similar situation to Snow Dogs, where the bit with the dogs singing and dancing is just a dream sequence uncharacteristic of the whole movie? I don't really want to see it even if it's not, but SD was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.