View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 10th, 2006, 04:28 PM       
I'm more intrigued by the blogger Lefty ilk.

While I wouldn't call myself the furthest left mocker, I'm pretty left, and I'm a real bleeding heart type. As far as I know, I don't read any politcial blogs at all.

What are the URL's of some of these blogs ? I'm not denying they exist, I'm just curious about them, and about their alleged impact.

Here's some of the lefty stuff I read. I have a sneaking suspicion I might accidentally be reading Blogs without ever knowng it.

I regularly read Molly Ivins column. If a columnist has her published columns collected online, is she blogging? Or is she just Leftycolumnist ilk which has ben around since there were newspapers.

I read the Nation, particularly David Corn. I'm well aware The Nation is way left, and I even know that Corn has a 'blog'. In the interests of disclosure, I'll say that sometimes in his articles for The nation he states that some of the material has previously appeared in his blog. But, you know, way left or not, the Nation is like, what, a hundred years old, and these ar artciels by one of their columnists, not some paranoid college student hunched over his lap top at 2:00 am.

I ike Seymour Hirsch over at the New Yorker. I don't think that's Blog.

So who are these shadowy lefty bloggers, and how does it happen that I am able to form so many of my very lefty opinions without logging into their illicit sights and exposing myself to the whirlinbg hypno flash animtions? Can't I dislike Lieberman because I find his hawkishness not only oobjectionable, but opportunist? I don't contest his right to be a Democrat, but if I lived in CT. I would certainly never concider voting for him. Can't I think it's brave of Hagel to stick out like a sore thumb? I probably wouldn't vote for him, either, and I certainly wouldn't vote for Mccain after the last year or so.

Should I get a blog? Am I required to? You may be right, Kev, maybe their is a some shadowy lefty blog force out there that actually influences people in significant numbers. I have to say the few times in my life I've spent with more than a dozen or so other lefties made me kind of queasy, like whn I go to comic boook stores and am forced to face the fact that all these people I share a common interest with are weiners. But I still like comic books, and it's not because I am in the thrall of the weiner underground.