View Single Post
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 10:52 PM       
Asila-

Human evolution is remarkably skilled at preserving the species. From a biological standpoint, a male whose testicular utility is compromised no longer serves a worthwhile function for the species. Because of this, males are endowed with the gift of a very unique sense of pain that teaches us very early in life to protect the organs that embody our evolutionary raison d'être.

It's not even the degree of pain involved, and the whole testicles=manliness thing never enters the argument. Testicular pain is just unique in how the brain processes it, and you should be thankful that you were born in such a way that you will never experience it. It's not unlikely that you'll experience, in terms of raw magnitude, an equal or worse pain than what most men experience from scrotal misadventures. You've had a child--this affirms as much.

Let me put it into perspective. Imagine the flick of your index finger made by springing it off your thumb. Now, apply that to the male testes. To flick a male right on one of their testicles will induce severe pain, but not actually "extreme" and it will probably dissipate fairly quickly despite testicular pain lasting a notoriously long time. Now, imagine cutting off his penis. To do so would cause, by all means, EXTREME pain that will linger for an extremely long time and would carry with it extreme psychological ramifications inso far as the male would thenceforth be incapable of an orgasm and he would have to identify as being eternally emasculated by the most literal of senses.

Alright. Now, this works for me, but I assume it works for a lot of guys. I'm in a bizarre hypothetical situation where I have to choose between merely flicking my testicle with my own finger or cutting off my own penis by an act of my own effort. Obviously, I'd flick myself in the ball. No issue whatsoever. However, let's pretend that the universe was split into multiverses, one where I had to cut off my penis and one where I'd flick myself in the ball.

Obviously, the penis thing would suck a LOT more. But honestly, especially in proportion to the respective consequences:
After having gone through a long mental tribulation period where I have to come to terms with what's about to happen, the way the mind is wired would make it harder for me to make an instantaneous flick than to begin to cut off my penis. Obviously, TOTALLY irrational. But that's how we're wired.

That's what I think about when my testicles are in someone's mouth.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT