Thread: "The Big Game"
View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:20 PM        "The Big Game"
I'm sorry, I just go fucking insane when I hear that on commercials.

"Stock up for The Big Game!"

"We've got everything you need for The Big Game!"

If it were a perfect world they'd be talking about the NHL All-Star game, but I think everyone in the US (and possibly a large number of people on the planet) know that The Big Game is the Super Bowl.

It's the Super Bowl. Everyone knows it's the Super Bowl. How fucked is our litigation situation when people are afraid to say "Super Bowl"?

I had a professor who came here from Nigeria when she was just starting to teach. People would skip her Monday lectures and tell her it was because of "Soopabowl", or at least that's what she heard. She was more innocent than most, no TV, and she thought it was a charming winter American holiday, sort of like Thanksgiving. We all get together and eat soup on Soopabowl Sunday.

Then she figured out it was a football game and god was she pissed off.