View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2009, 03:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
On chief source of final fantasy if its between those two play FFX-2 over FFXII.

Final Fantasy XII is soooooooo horrible I'm embarrassed for it. There's no characterization and everyone is lame except Balthier.

FFX-2 is really more of a fanboy game. The story is kinda weak but its at least fun to play. The dress sphere system is really cool being able to switch between jobs in the middle of battle. I love my Payne Lady Luck dressphere. Plus there's re-playability with a NEW GAME +.
My main problem with FFX-2 is - as with the unemulated Version of FF9 - that the PAL-Version sucks balls. The aspect ratio is fucked up and itīs the usual -20% Gamespeed every poorly PALed NTSC-Game has, I fucking hate that.
Chubby people underwater THATīs what it plays and looks like...in FF X I could tone that down by changing my TV-Settings around but FF X-2 is handled SO weird...never can you get a circle to look like a circle, either its a vertical ellipse or a horizontal one...and I canīt get it to run on my PS2-Emulator because apparently itīs almost impossible to emulate 3d-PS2-Games correctly...I think Final Fantasy 13 will be the first one that I can play as it was supposed to be played...

One funny thing about FF9 though. The german translators tried REALLY hard to make it original this time. Ruby talks like someone from eastern germany, one of the Tantalus speaks...I think itīs supposed to be bavarian, we have sachsian accents and most of the enemies have different names too...my favorite is the "Bettelcat" which is the "Gimmecat" in the english Version...I really like the He-Man reference on that one (and "betteln" means to beg, so itīs rather fitting). Definetely one of the best unique Videogame-translations ever.
Also nice for non-german-speakers: The grand dragon was renamed to "Tatzelwurm", a wonderful old word for dragon