View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
The point is that you yourself set down the rules for this, and now you want to go back on them. I think you put down the perma-ban remark in the hopes that it would deter casual posters and newbies alike from joining in just to fuck things up, without ever intending to follow through with it. And why not? As you pointed out, there certainly was a precedent for ignoring the people who fucked up.

But last year, we had some people who didn't post shit, and they just happened to be vets. These were people you'd expect to follow through with a board event (and Noob3), but they didn't for one reason or another. And I was cool with that, for a long while. But eventually, I felt like we should enforce the rules, and I wanted it to apply to all the offenders, with no special treatment for the vets.

As for why people from previous years weren't banned, I have no answer for that, apart from that responsibility for banning them should have fallen on whoever was running the event that year. If you want, we can go back and ban all those people.
Yes, in my infinite wisdom at the age of 21 or whatever I certainly did lay down the law.

You are not giving me any reasons why we shouldn't change things.

You should probably try answering the question I asked if you want a serious response.

But not before getting me a coffee.