View Single Post
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 02:28 AM       
If I HAD to find something wrong with this movie its that I was unimpressed with who was behind that big scary mask. When I was a little kid all riled up about these movies, Vader was seriously the biggest bad ass villan ever. Blowing up planets, chopping off limbs, cutting up old Jedi Masters like a late night TV knife through a shoe, choking people to death with his fucking mind, c'mon, not many villans can live up to that kind of skulldaggery.

How fucking chilling was it when Luke was all like "Pfft, I'm not afraid to face vader," and Yoda turned all dark and monotone and said "You will be, oh you will be." Man, if a Muppet can deliver lines like that then this Vader guy must be a SEROIOUS badass. VADER. The only other name in the world so sinister that it can make people shit their pants is MALCHOVICH, and thats a way distant second.

So who's behind the mask? Vader was so cold, calculating and meciless it was a shock that underneath it all was an agnst ridden teenager who was all bent up over his old lady and his mom. It was a little dissapointing. I expected someone much older and having gone through way more fucked up shit. But they pulled it off. Those last 10 minutes of the movie where probably the best movie moments in a LONG time. The look on anakin's eyes as they were lowering the mask onto his head, the way he was thrashing around on the bed, and that little pause right before he took his first mechanical breath and the way the dust in the air moved around. Fucking gourgeous. Lucas is really good at the "holy shit! thats fucking COOL" cinemetography but he really should of learned the kind that adds depth and lets action speak for emotion. Well, I guess he did in the last ten minutes. Better late than never.

What a fucking cool movie.