View Single Post
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 06:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
You stop them. You make them understand that violent actions, especially against civilians, carry violent consequences. You teach them a lesson, and maybe they'll learn not to elect radicals and homicidal maniacs into power (if the vote is even something they have extended to them).
THAT's the War on Terror. Any talk of "proportionate response" is just ridiculous in a discussion of Israel's reaction to terrorism. At this point, Israelis have shown a tremendous amount of patience for the bleeding hearts of the world, like ziggy, that for some reason keep insisting that a "cease fire" means peace. At this point, Israel has, despite the enormous Israeli body count required to do so, proven land for peace doesn't work because their opponents prefer death and slavery to land OR peace or anything else.

I'll be among the last to approve of any innocent person's death for any reason. Anyone dying in service as a human shield right now is not an innocent, in my opinion. I'm sorry, but includes the folks that died in the Qana incident. Those that are dying while waiting in line to apply for a police job in Iraq or Afghanistan I consider to be inocent, and the Jews aren't the ones killing them.

Eventually, those that would use terror to influence politics will be made to realize that tactic just doesn't work anymore. God forbid they adopt Democracy as their next tactic. Isn't it noce for the innocents of the world that after Fascism, Nazism, Marxism, Terrorism and all those other "-isms" Kevin was talking about Democracy and all it's inherent freedoms are about the only viable option left?
Tell that to the marxist and islamist rebels in the philipines. Sometimes democracy doesn't work as it should and they erroneously believe communism or an islamic republic is the answer. Of course i think the current financial situation there is not due to democracy but really bad business and not enough free enterprise. the fast food workers have to sign a 6 month contract and the unemployment rate is 50%. If you want more jobs make it easier to run a business and hire people. They aren't lazy over there they just have a lack of oppertunity and to much government red tape.

Communism is only gonna make it worse and an islamic republic is just completely unrelated to the subject at hand.

No matter what you belief, terrorism is not going to achieve your goals (unless your the PLO, they seem to get all they want that way)