Thread: divorce.
View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 07:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Yeah, maybe. My parents divorced after 21 years when I was a college sophomore and my brother was a high school senior. (She went on to marry a total dirtbag loser, which wasn't much of an upgrade, to be sure. She's single again and 72, boys!)

On the flip side, I dated my wife for nearly 6 years before we got married, so we've been together for over half our lives. So there's an argument for both sides. Don't dismiss marriage just based on others' experiences - you may surprise yourself.
It's a very common thing for society to blame "marriage" as the cause of relationships going bad. Fact is, many relationships that last a long time go sour after a while, and the only thing at fault there is the people. If you've been in a relationship with somebody for 5 years or so, you're pretty much married whether you've got a ring on yer finger or not. Marriage just makes the breaking up harder to do in some cases (Cosmo's for example. A good friend of mine is also in the middle of a nasty divorce that's been going on for more than 3 years and there's still no end in sight and there are two kids involved ) Anyway, my point is that people break up all the time, married or not... that's just the way shit goes.

And holy shit... DOLE! (why the new account though? need me to reset your PW on your old one?)