View Single Post
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 02:41 PM        thanks everyone for participating in the BLOGOBOT: Coolinator trial run
although i did have to resort occasionally to some advanced features of the program to preview automated posts before they went live to maintain the feel of a real human i think it's been really successful. i had to throw in a few field test posts of my own to make sure it was reacting correctly, for example if it determines it's being accused of being a robot. also it has a 'friend or foe' system that excludes replies to anyone that consistently uses the words "death panel" without sarcastic quotes around them. quoting a definition of genocide that proves itself wrong was a mistake at first, but i couldn't help but laugh at it. little things like that really give the illusion of human flaws.

i let it post on the gaming forum also to diffuse suspicion, though all it does is quote a gaming themed rss feed and comment with a line out of the preview text. unnecessary i guess, but this is all for an upcoming contest for the special edition of blade runner. can you discover the replicant poster :O i'll keep it running for a while longer so you can pick up some vital clues for the future. try giving it the voigt-kampff test it'll go nuts :>

thanks again