View Single Post
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:29 PM       
On another note, you talking about a remake of this film reminds me of the also unnecessary reboot of Star Trek. I hate to go off on a tangent, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with star trek, so why in the world would you reboot it?

The last 2 or 3 ST films did poorly not because the source material was bad, but because they let Jonathan Frakes have far too much control over the films. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's great when it comes to very specific stories (aka as Borg movies/episodes) but he totally sucks at everything else.

Similar issues plagued the crow sequels btw.... the first sequel was actually quite good, but as crappier and crappier writers/producers/directors were attached to the franchise they became progressively worse.

With the Star Trek reboot I can't imagine why they would return to the original series instead of using another crew other than for a cheap cash-in. For it's time TOS was very innovative, but looking back, it was practially a joke compared to the newer spin offs and it has endured not for it's serious-ness and social impact, but for pure camp value. Then I hear that the film involves time travel as a plot device to explain to all the fanboys out there how any of this could possibly happen. In other words, they took the "silly" star trek and try to make it serious while still making the most superficial star trek film to date in addition to erasing the history of the original show which paved the way for 40 years of programming and films? And on top of that JJ Abrahams claims he's neither a fan of star trek nor is he familair with the films? Then WTF was he even offered the JOB!!!!???!!!

UGH is all I can say... just UGH.

Hollywood needs to quit raping established pop-culure and gomake new films. NOW!