View Single Post
Forum Virgin
Beaner85 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 05:24 PM       
Fable II is an odd game; the action is great (the infinite magic, flourishes, and gun play), but everything else falls really flat. It took me about four hours to get tired of the simplified interactions, six hours to get sick of the "jobs", and at ten hours I could barely look my hero in the eyes. The quests, especially the side quests, come at random! "Oh, so I'm supposed to help a ghost revenge his heartbreak..." but how the F*&# did I know about said ghost? How do I know that I'm supposed to meet an archeologist? This really bothers me for some reason; why would I care about a certain quest if it simply "pops" into my quest log. Is it just me? Am I unknowingly skipping through dialogue scenes?

Anyhow, the graphics were also touch-and-go. At some points I would be impressed (even for 720 p), but at other times, the camera would jostle about in hallways or rooms to the point of nausea.

Compared to Fallout 3, Fable II falls short. Fallout allows for much more player-driven drama, customization, and decapitations! Personally, Fable's decapitations were what brought me back for round two!