View Single Post
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 11:02 PM        Re: Head-in-the-Sand Liberals
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
So why can't we ask that muslims bear the same burden? It seems that even the couple of muslims here on this board go to great lengths to distance themselves from what they consider to be a small minority, yet do very little to denounce them.
I think it's natural for that stygma to form with associations, but I really don't think it should be for any faith. If I find out a guy is mormon, evagalical, or baptist, I don't think anything different of them. It's idealism.

And when we were discussing the muslim cartoons, I went out of my way to say that the response of muslims was far more disgraceful then the cartoons, to which I pretty much got the response "saying so isn't enough".

Quote:
Is the Pakistani government a post on a blog? What about the president of Iran? Was Morocco withdrawing their friggin ambassador from the Vatican just a pic on the internet? How about Somalia's top cleric calling for the Pope's head? All just internet slander? Come on. You want an honest conversation, and then you give us this.
Pakistani government doesn't always represent the pakistani people. Niether do all these examples. which is exactly the point that you are trying to make,

but my real reference was to articles and comments saying "this is what muslims really think and feel". I don't think that it's anymore valid than CNN news saying "polls say American people are sick of bush". It just kinda makes it seem like a slick step into punditry.