View Single Post
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 05:54 PM        ugh
Quote:
What his opinion makes him is a prime example of the govt educated, self indulgent isolated sheeple. A perfect workerbee in a "1984" style enviorment. As long as he is fat, happy and blissfully unaware of the world around him, he can be easily ignored or mainpulated.
I like the term sheeple....most of my friends seem to be in that category. I actually had to hang up on my best friend on 9/11 when she said "Why do people keep calling me about this. It doesn't effect me. So some people died in NY. Who cares!" I had to hang up on her again on Wednesday when she said nearly the same thing about the war. And she wonders why I don't hang out with her much any more.

Interestingly enough......here is what I said before the war started (in the anti rave forum......) I mentioned the sheeple mentality....and the most of the ravers didn't get it.

It really comes down too this.....

If we choose peace, it will appear that we have backed down. We will appear weak in the face of those that consider us their enemy. Weakness is always exploited. Weakness is always attacked. 9/11 is an exapmle of that. Our complacency was our weakness. We felt so safe in our ivory tower. Indestructable. Untouchable. Unmoved by anything that didn't effect us directly. Why should we? We were America the Great. The rest of the world didn't matter. Until of course they came and kicked in our door.
Bush will not allow himself or our country to appear weak. It just isn't in his nature. So this option is very unlikely.